Tuesday, October 8, 1 pm to 3 pm
Join us and our network partners for a Grand Opening Celebration, including a dedication service featuring President Castleberry. Please RSVP at [email protected] or call 503-304-0092. Our new location is located at 9250 Charity Ave NE, Brooks OR 97305 (the former OMN office).
Expand Your Knowledge, Refresh Your Perspective, Embrace a New Challenge
Join the many pastors and leaders who have experienced personal and ministry growth by engaging in a graduate degree program from Northwest University. The Master of Arts in Ministry Leadership (MAML) is the degree offered from the University’s College of Ministry, and a cohort specifically for Oregon leaders begins January 2020. Applications are being accepted now, so begin yours at https://oregon.northwestu.edu/academics/master-of-arts-in-ministry-leadership.
- Each class will generally meet twice, at the NU Oregon campus, the third week of each month.
- First meeting: Thursday night and all day Friday
- Second meeting: all day Friday and Saturday morning
- Exceptions may be made based on instructor availability and/or other factors.*
- Credits and duration: The degree consists of 12 classes (36 credits) and will take two years to complete.
- Cost*: 2019-2020 tuition is $598 per credit. 2019-2020 Fees: $60 per semester. Books: vary by course.
Oregon MAML Courses:
Team Building and Managing Conflict: Byron Klaus, instructor – Jan 16-17 & Feb 21-22
Reading the Bible: Exegesis and Interpretation
Preaching for Change
Pastoral Care & Human Development
Leadership & Pluralistic Issues
Spiritual Formation & Direction
The Mission of God & the Work of the Church
The Continuing Work of the Spirit
Christianity in Conversation with Contemporary Worldviews
Plus two courses selected by the cohort*
*The cohort will have several options, including two travel courses; travel courses would include additional travel costs and dates would vary from the program’s normal schedule.
Books for Missions
Students at the School of Ministry in Soroti, Uganda appreciate the books donated by Northwest University Oregon. The school, led by Dr. Daniel and Rachel Graham, trains ministers at no cost and sends them out to plant churches. Our own Kyle Thompson visited the campus as guest speaker in July, meeting many of the students who received books.