This summer, we have six NextGen Summer Camps scheduled: two Kids Camps, two Youth Camps, a Royal Ranger Powwow and a Girls Camp. God has helped us put together some fantastic leadership teams for this year’s camping season, but we must heed the warning of Psalms 127:1, “unless the LORD builds the house, its builder’s labor in vain.” We must ask God to build these camps; we need to pray for God’s favor over the campers and leaders.
This is why I’m asking all our pastors, leaders and parents to rally their churches and pray with me during the months of June, July, and August for these camps. To assist you in your prayers, here are ten things to ask God to do during our summer camps.
Ask God To…
- Save souls and transform lives. Pray for the lost, the backslidden and the hard-hearted.
- Show up supernaturally. Pray for Jesus encounters during the worship through songs, the Word and altar times. Pray campers and leaders experience the power of the Holy Spirit in a life-changing way.
- Touch each camper: relational, emotional, physical and spiritual. Pray for healings and miracles.
- Help our campers with unforgiveness. Pray they are able to let go and receive all God has for them.
- Remove all distractions that would hinder campers from receiving all God has for them. Pray that addictions and spiritual strongholds would be broken from their lives.
- Anoint our camp speakers and worship teams. Pray their messages will be exactly what the campers and leaders need to hear from the Lord.
- Protect all those at camp. Pray for the safety and health for every camper and leader.
- Encourage, equip and empower our churches’ pastors and leaders during the week of camp. Pray this week of camp will help them in ministry when they return home.
- Meet all the needs of the camp leadership teams, camp staff, and church leaders. Pray for God to give them wisdom as they minister to campers at the altar and make critical decisions.
- Make this the best week of the year for each camper that attends. Pray for fun, joy, and adventure.
“Rally your churches and pray with me during the months of June, July, and August for these camps.”